R1 WURKS V16 TECH TIPS
General V16 Tips
- Keep motor temperature to around 65-70°C maximum
- Always do a 2-3min test run and bring the car in quickly to check the temperature to make sure it is not getting above maximum temperature
- Always use at least 1 x 30 mm + Fan. This fan is the fastest and will keep your motor the coolest.
- Oil the bearings in the motor once every meeting
- Always set full punch and brake parameters on the ESC, and adjust from radio.
- Drag Brake should be kept minimal to prevent excess heat. Generally use between 0-5% to prevent overheating the motor
- If you decide to pull apart your V15, remember that the 3 main long screws that hold the whole motor together must not be tightened up any more than 2 kgf.m (Kilogram-force meter) which is equivalent to 7 lbf.in (Pound-Force inch).This is also roughly finger tight if you do not have a Torque Driver. You can purchase an RC Torque Driver for around $35 from HERE. You do not want to be tweaking the whole construction of the motor by over tightening, this can cause binding and overheating issues.
- When screwing the motor into the motor mount in your chassis, always pick the best motor angle that puts the air cooling slots on the motor facing the fan. You do not want the fan blowing cold air at a solid/non vented part on the motor.
- See bottom of page for motor shimming guide
13.5 V16 - TOURING CAR BLINKY
- Set to 50° - 58° Timing
- FDR of 4.0 for Bigger Outdoor Tracks
- FDR of 4.1-4.5 for Medium to Tight Tracks
17.5 V16 - 2WD BUGGY BLINKY
- Set to 45° - 55° Timing (Depending on track)
- FDR of 5.0 - 5.3
17.5 V16 - 4WD BUGGY BLINKY
- Set to 40° - 45° Timing (Depending on track)
- FDR of 5.2 - 5.4
21.5 V16 - TOURING CAR BLINKY
- Set to 50-58° Timing
- FDR of 3.7 for Bigger Outdoor Tracks
- FDR of 3.9 for Smaller Tracks
21.5 V16 - FORMULA 1
- Set to 40-45° Timing
- FDR of 2.0 - 2.4 (All depending on wheel size)
R1 WURKS DIGITAL 2 107 ESC FIRMWARE
Please use this link for the software installer (Windows): HERE
Please use this link to upgrade to the latest firmware on your R1 Wurks Digital 2 ESC: HERE